Recently I’ve made a new friend and though we haven’t been able to see each other as much as we like, we decided we would try to get to know each other by sharing stories with one another. I asked him to tell me about the first time he saw his adopted infant son. The results of this have had such a wonderful ripple effect. He relived a wonderful moment in his life. He put it down in paper with such beautiful detail that his son will always have a treasured memory from his dad of just how much he was wanted and loved. And I learned what a gentle soul my friend has. I write this on the SOK blog because sometimes showing you care enough to listen to someones story could have a greater impact than you ever realize. Everyone has a story, take the time to listen, reflect and learn.
Kindness Hall of Fame
Visit the Kindness Hall of Fame. Nominate someone you feel has either consistently delivered acts of kindness over the years or has performed one extraordinary act of kindness. We call it “passing a Sequin of Kindness.”
Submit Your Story!If you would like to contribute your own Sequin of Kindness™ story, please fill out this form.
Aaron’s PresentsAaron's Presents offers unique grants to children. Click here for more information and to view the Sequin of Kindness™ Presents Fund page.
Resources for Teachers
The Sequin of Kindness™ blog is dedicated to those of us who have the powerful responsibility to positively impact the young.
Use this website as a resource in your classroom or organization to gain inspiration, promote ideas, and generate the intrigue necessary to spark a kindness movement throughout your communities.
- RT @TeenCancerUSA: Are you at the Association of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurses in Palm Springs?? Then come and say "Hi" !! #ayacance… Tweeted 4 hours ago
- RT @yashar: The covers of Time Magazine, The New Yorker, and the Economist. Take a second to study the artwork of each cover...something el… Tweeted 4 hours ago
- RT @GMA: "Have you talked to [Pres. Trump] directly yet?" - @RobinRoberts "I have not and now I will not." - Susan Bro, mother of Heather… Tweeted 4 hours ago
- Animals (18)
- Anti-Bullying (19)
- Classroom Assignments (48)
- Classroom Resources (20)
- Colleges and Universities (323)
- Community Projects (134)
- Elementary Schools (9)
- Extra Credit Assignments (37)
- Global (77)
- High Schools (27)
- homeless children (12)
- Icebreaker Activities (36)
- Kindness Hall of Fame (4)
- Middle Schools (14)
- Preschool (11)
- Sequin Stories (398)
- Uncategorized (13)