I had organized a working lunch meeting with the IT team that I support. I had lunch catered from a place that I often order through. A week before the meeting I had asked if anyone had food restrictions. Only one person responded that he was a vegetarian. Being a vegetarian myself, I can sympathize with food options at large events. I ordered two special veggie dishes for us. At the meeting a gentleman had the second veggie dish in hand, not knowing it was for me, and asked if he could have it because he too was a vegetarian. He had not mentioned this earlier, so I had not ordered 3 veggie dishes. I had the option of telling him that it was mine, or giving up my lunch. I replied with “of course!” knowing that I would be subjected to filling up on breadsticks and salad that came along with the pasta dish. Though I went home that night very hungry, I was happy to know that I was able to give up my lunch to feed someone else.
Kindness Hall of Fame
Visit the Kindness Hall of Fame. Nominate someone you feel has either consistently delivered acts of kindness over the years or has performed one extraordinary act of kindness. We call it “passing a Sequin of Kindness.”
Submit Your Story!If you would like to contribute your own Sequin of Kindness™ story, please fill out this form.
Aaron’s PresentsAaron's Presents offers unique grants to children. Click here for more information and to view the Sequin of Kindness™ Presents Fund page.
Resources for Teachers
The Sequin of Kindness™ blog is dedicated to those of us who have the powerful responsibility to positively impact the young.
Use this website as a resource in your classroom or organization to gain inspiration, promote ideas, and generate the intrigue necessary to spark a kindness movement throughout your communities.
- RT @BosSportsExtra: Gronk locomotive pulling into the end zone. Cookie are you ready? https://t.co/SlXM6GbnAS Tweeted 1 hour ago
- RT @CarmenYulinCruz: To @TheSimpsons thank you for keeping Puerto Rico in your hearts. Big Fan. Love that you always say what you mean no m… Tweeted 3 hours ago
- RT @gofundme: .@theellenshow is fundraising to aid thousands of victims affected by the devastating fires in Northern California. https://t… Tweeted 7 hours ago
- Animals (18)
- Anti-Bullying (19)
- Classroom Assignments (48)
- Classroom Resources (20)
- Colleges and Universities (323)
- Community Projects (134)
- Elementary Schools (9)
- Extra Credit Assignments (37)
- Global (77)
- High Schools (27)
- homeless children (12)
- Icebreaker Activities (36)
- Kindness Hall of Fame (4)
- Middle Schools (14)
- Preschool (11)
- Sequin Stories (398)
- Uncategorized (13)