Feb 2, 2011 was yet another snowstorm here in NH. I was pulling out of a gas station right across the street from NCC and I saw this guy in a rear wheel drive pick up truck, stuck in the snow. The streets were barely plowed yet. I have 4 wheel drive so I seldom get stuck. The poor guy kept hitting the gas to try to get his pick up moving, but yet each time got more stuck. I got out of my truck and tapped on his window and asked him if I could help push him out of the snow. He said “sure!”. I got behind the truck and started pushing him; sure enough he got out. He was one happy man. It made me feel good to help a total stranger for no reason.
Kindness Hall of Fame
Visit the Kindness Hall of Fame. Nominate someone you feel has either consistently delivered acts of kindness over the years or has performed one extraordinary act of kindness. We call it “passing a Sequin of Kindness.”
Submit Your Story!If you would like to contribute your own Sequin of Kindness™ story, please fill out this form.
Aaron’s PresentsAaron's Presents offers unique grants to children. Click here for more information and to view the Sequin of Kindness™ Presents Fund page.
Resources for Teachers
The Sequin of Kindness™ blog is dedicated to those of us who have the powerful responsibility to positively impact the young.
Use this website as a resource in your classroom or organization to gain inspiration, promote ideas, and generate the intrigue necessary to spark a kindness movement throughout your communities.
- RT @DalaiLama: On a mental level kindness and compassion give rise to lasting joy. They reduce fear. Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @kibilds: Taking a Cornell admissions tour and found this quote in a classroom. Had to add an ask. #alwaysworking #advancement https://t… Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @ZainabSalbi: . @BreneBrown shows us how vulnerability should not be feared. It is the birthplace for love and joy. Here is how I overca… Tweeted 1 day ago
- Animals (18)
- Anti-Bullying (19)
- Classroom Assignments (48)
- Classroom Resources (20)
- Colleges and Universities (323)
- Community Projects (134)
- Elementary Schools (9)
- Extra Credit Assignments (37)
- Global (77)
- High Schools (27)
- homeless children (12)
- Icebreaker Activities (36)
- Kindness Hall of Fame (4)
- Middle Schools (14)
- Preschool (11)
- Sequin Stories (398)
- Uncategorized (13)