I was in the mall the other day with my daughter and as we were getting onto the escalator we passed a mother and her two young children. She was folding up her stroller and gathering her younger child to get on the escalator. As we were descending, I heard her behind us frantically telling her younger child to get on the escalator and yelling to the other, who had already gotten on. I turned to see that indeed the one child was behind us, but the Mom was struggling to get the other child, herself, and the stroller onto the escalator. So as I reached the bottom I waited for the other child to get off and stood somewhat near him until his Mom got to the bottom, telling him to stay put and hoping that she would understand that I was looking out for her child. I wanted to be sure that he didn’t wander off, and to protect him incase there were any predators out there just waiting for this kind of situation to happen. It only takes a minute for someone to grab a child and run off, and I understood how panicked the Mom was. She did thank me as she got off the escalator, and it was well worth the “one minute of my time” to make sure that the child was safely in the hands of his mother.
Kindness Hall of Fame
Visit the Kindness Hall of Fame. Nominate someone you feel has either consistently delivered acts of kindness over the years or has performed one extraordinary act of kindness. We call it “passing a Sequin of Kindness.”
Submit Your Story!If you would like to contribute your own Sequin of Kindness™ story, please fill out this form.
Aaron’s PresentsAaron's Presents offers unique grants to children. Click here for more information and to view the Sequin of Kindness™ Presents Fund page.
Resources for Teachers
The Sequin of Kindness™ blog is dedicated to those of us who have the powerful responsibility to positively impact the young.
Use this website as a resource in your classroom or organization to gain inspiration, promote ideas, and generate the intrigue necessary to spark a kindness movement throughout your communities.
- RT @TeenCancerUSA: Are you at the Association of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurses in Palm Springs?? Then come and say "Hi" !! #ayacance… Tweeted 4 hours ago
- RT @yashar: The covers of Time Magazine, The New Yorker, and the Economist. Take a second to study the artwork of each cover...something el… Tweeted 4 hours ago
- RT @GMA: "Have you talked to [Pres. Trump] directly yet?" - @RobinRoberts "I have not and now I will not." - Susan Bro, mother of Heather… Tweeted 4 hours ago
- Animals (18)
- Anti-Bullying (19)
- Classroom Assignments (48)
- Classroom Resources (20)
- Colleges and Universities (323)
- Community Projects (134)
- Elementary Schools (9)
- Extra Credit Assignments (37)
- Global (77)
- High Schools (27)
- homeless children (12)
- Icebreaker Activities (36)
- Kindness Hall of Fame (4)
- Middle Schools (14)
- Preschool (11)
- Sequin Stories (398)
- Uncategorized (13)