There is an older gentleman that lives in my apartment building who greets everyone with a friendly “How do you do” and when you ask him back he says in a chipper tone “Can’t complain, better than yesterday!” He helps everyone out. When I first moved in, I noticed that my shoes were always perfectly lined outside of my door, his doing so that others wouldn’t trip down the stairs. My boyfriend left his keys in the door over night and we were greeted by his smiling face in the morning telling us that he had kept at eye on them until we got to them. Recently, I thought I lost my debit card and license, but I had dropped them outside and he returned them to me. Everyone in the building has wonderful stories about how he has helped them in one way or another. He truly ! represents the spirit of Christmas!
Kindness Hall of Fame
Visit the Kindness Hall of Fame. Nominate someone you feel has either consistently delivered acts of kindness over the years or has performed one extraordinary act of kindness. We call it “passing a Sequin of Kindness.”
Submit Your Story!If you would like to contribute your own Sequin of Kindness™ story, please fill out this form.
Aaron’s PresentsAaron's Presents offers unique grants to children. Click here for more information and to view the Sequin of Kindness™ Presents Fund page.
Resources for Teachers
The Sequin of Kindness™ blog is dedicated to those of us who have the powerful responsibility to positively impact the young.
Use this website as a resource in your classroom or organization to gain inspiration, promote ideas, and generate the intrigue necessary to spark a kindness movement throughout your communities.
- RT @DalaiLama: On a mental level kindness and compassion give rise to lasting joy. They reduce fear. Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @kibilds: Taking a Cornell admissions tour and found this quote in a classroom. Had to add an ask. #alwaysworking #advancement https://t… Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @ZainabSalbi: . @BreneBrown shows us how vulnerability should not be feared. It is the birthplace for love and joy. Here is how I overca… Tweeted 1 day ago
- Animals (18)
- Anti-Bullying (19)
- Classroom Assignments (48)
- Classroom Resources (20)
- Colleges and Universities (323)
- Community Projects (134)
- Elementary Schools (9)
- Extra Credit Assignments (37)
- Global (77)
- High Schools (27)
- homeless children (12)
- Icebreaker Activities (36)
- Kindness Hall of Fame (4)
- Middle Schools (14)
- Preschool (11)
- Sequin Stories (398)
- Uncategorized (13)